Hello Everyone! Today I will talk about the brain. I have been reading a book called The Aging Brain By: Timothy R. Jennings MD. And I have some facts about what foods and drinks, improve memory. And helps prevent Dementia. I have a summary of different foods and drinks, that slows the aging process in the brain. And avoid Alzheimer’s Disease. Here it is:
- Fish oil– found in fish like Salmon, Tuna, Tilapia, and Sea Bass. Have Omega-3’s. That are crucial for brain activity. And slows the aging in the brain. If you don’t like fish. You can take a fish oil supplement to get your Omega 3’s. It promotes memory, and healthy behaviors.
- Green tea– improves memory. And promotes sleep. Since a good night’s sleep is beneficial to the brain. It regulates your sleeping patterns. And helps with people who have sleep disorders.
- Walnuts– are good for the brain. Because they promote cognitive performance. It sharpens the minds speed. “And good for decreasing amyloid deposits in the brain, and thereby reduce neuronal loss and provide cognitive benefit.”
- Pomegranate juice– consuming this juice weekly will provide antioxidants that protect the brain. Also prevents b-amyloid build up in the brain. Making learning faster and sharper.
- Fruits and Vegetables– Are good for the brain because it slows the aging process. If you get organic fruits and veggies. It will be better for your long-term health.
The biggest threat to your brain is smoking and alcohol intake. If you abuse them. You will lose many neurons. And it causes dementia. So if you are reading this. Stop these unhealthy behaviors. It might not happen right away. But it will catch up to you. Life is short. But you don’t want to die from cancer, heart problems, or dementia. So STOP NOW! Pray, meditate, do a hobby, keep your hands busy. You can do it!
Also I mentioned Sleep is crucial in having a healthy brain. In adults you should be sleeping 7-8 hours a night. If you have trouble sleeping. Try turning off your technology devices. Stop watching TV, turn off your phone, for an hour before bedtime. Drink Green Tea.
A great way to keep your mind sharp. Is learn something new. Like learn a new language, do a crossword puzzle, play a card game, paint or draw, and adult coloring books. And I’m sure you can find something you like to do.
I hope I helped you all in keeping a healthy brain. I am inspired to write even more articles. Enjoy! 🙂