By: Anjalee Jadav
Prologue: Letter From the Author:
Hello! I’m back with another issue to my Beautiful series. I know you are thinking. What more is there to write about? As much as I have written about I have covered all aspects of Beauty and Fashion. As I am writing this right now. I’ve been brainstorming about the next series. In this series I will talk about skin secrets. And keeping your skin as healthy as can be. You will discover skin secrets and makeup. There are so many anti-aging products. It’s hard to know what brand you should try. And this book will be a guide to help you with keeping your skin beautiful.
I have read all of your comments. And know that this series should continue. I am just getting started. So enjoy another adventure in Beauty.
Skin Care & You:
Skin is known as the largest organ of your body. And the way we take care of our bodies. Illuminates your true beauty. As most people are obsessed with the latest beauty trend. We discover that it’s really your eating habits, exercise, and skin care that makes us feel beautiful. We will discuss the latest brands of skin and makeup lines. And this book will be your guide. To know what works for you. As everyone’s skin is different.
I will also talk about healthy hair and nails. And what we need to do to have healthy hair and nails. While adding vitamins, fruits and veggies as a natural way to feel beautiful.
A good way to have healthy and smooth skin. Is, to eat plenty of fruits and veggies. Green leafy veggies are very good sources to get vitamins. And makes your skin soft and smooth. And it has anti-aging nutrients if you eat fruits and veggies. Also nuts contribute to having healthy hair and nails. So instead of a high protein diet. Eating more fruits and veggies will be beneficial.
Here are some super foods that provide healthy skin, hair, and nails.
Almonds– Are high in Vitamin E, a natural antioxidant. That supports collagen. When eaten raw. It will benefit the PH levels. That prevent inflammation, acidity, and poor health. Almonds also have vitamin B. Which strengthen hair and nails.
Green Leafy Veggies– Such as spinach, broccoli, and kale contain calcium, magnesium, and potassium. Vitamine’s A,C,E, K, and Iron are all provided when eating greens.
Grains– such as rice, wheat, barely, oats, rye, brown rice, black rice, and Quinoa are filled with properties that provide support your body needs. For healthy skin, hair, and nails.
Fruits– Vitamin C is also a super antioxidant. It is needed for a strong immune system, radiant skin and helps blemishes heal properly. The best sources are black currants, blueberries, broccoli, guava, kiwi, oranges, papaya, strawberries and sweet potatoes.
Eating more of these super foods will be better for you overall.
The next topic was in the first Beautiful book. In this series. I’ll refresh your memory and use it again.
This topic is about secrets to younger and healthier skin. We all want to look younger. And have healthy skin as we get into our 20’s. and up. I have been told that I look younger for my age. People are shocked that I tell them I’m 36. So here are my tips for younger and healthy skin.
1. Drinking water is the most important tip. It cleanses your body inside and out. You should be drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day. It refreshes your skin. And gives a natural glow. It’s good for your organs too. Try drinking water instead of soda and sugar filled drinks. For the next 10 days. And you will feel the difference.
2. After you take a shower. Cleanse your face with a cleanser. When I finish my shower. I wash my face with a cleanser. Instead of the soap I use for the rest of my body. Don’t use the same soap on your face. As you do your body.
3. After you cleanse put a moisturizer. I use an anti aging moisturizer daily.
4. Do a facial mask once a week. Usually on the weekends. I use St. Ives Oatmeal Scrub Mask. But before you apply a mask. Cleanse your face first. Then following put the mask on. Read the instructions for how long you should leave it on. Some call for 5 min. and some 15 min. Then following put on an anti aging moisturizer.
5. Vitamin D. Is a good source to healthier skin. Go outside between 7:00 am – 9:00 am. That’s when the sun gives its vitamins.
6. And I don’t mean to nag. Don’t smoke. I know you’ve heard it before. But smoking makes premature wrinkles on your skin. And it thins your skin. Not to mention it’s really not good for you. So quit now. If you want to look younger.
7. Use a body lotion 3-4 days a week. Apply it after your skin is dry from taking a shower. Don’t apply to wet skin. It wont nourish your skin as good.
8. Sleep is also a good factor for younger skin. You should be sleeping 7-8 hours a night. While you sleep your skin refreshes itself.
9. Always wash your makeup off. Before you go to bed at night. This will prevent clogged pores. And your skin needs to breathe.
10. And every time you are outside. Put Sunblock on. At least 30 spf. Even if it’s rainy.
There you have it. These are my ways to keep my skin young and healthy. I hope this helped you. And see if this works for you. You will see a difference. And will make you beautiful.
The next topic is about women and men, and how they treat their acne. Most girls hide it behind makeup. Rather then fixing the acne underneath. I am one of the people who says don’t hide behind makeup. Instead remedy the problem. And have clear glowing skin without makeup. Read on!
- Using the Same soap on your face as you do your body. – There are some day’s when I don’t wear makeup at all. I have always had a history of clear complexion. And it has all to do with cleaning your face properly. The skin on your face is more sensitive, then the rest of your body. So using a cleanser separate for your face is recommended. Use a cleanser of your choosing. Like Neutrogena, St Ives, Oil of Olay. These cleansers are proven to give satisfying results.
- As soon as you see a huge zit. You put makeup over it to hide it. – The first thing you should do is cleanse your face. If you have a mycroderma brush. Use this to clean your face properly. It gets under the surface. And cleans thoroughly.
- You’re using the wrong products on your face The most common mistake women make is using the wrong makeup and skin products for your face. Use products that are for your skin type gives longer lasting results. Like many reviews on the Cindy Crawford’s products are giving people acne and blackheads. It’s made to make you look younger. But even I can’t use her products. Because it gave me blackheads. So I use Neutrogena and other drugstore products. That are cheaper. And has better results.
- Step up you’re at home facials I give myself facials once a week. And some masks I alternate. I use Lush for blackheads and acne. And St. Ives for smooth and soft skin. It depends what my skin feels like. When it comes time for these facials.
- If you have rosacea or really bad acne. – I recommend using Aloe Vera Gel to create a facial scrub. Aloe Vera will clear up the toughest acne problems. In most cases.
- Book a professional facial with a licensed Dermatologist or Esthetician- If you need extra care. Book a facial with an expert. They will tell you what to put on your skin. And tell you what your skin type is. They will help you. So instead of getting a manicure or pedicure. Save money this month for a facial instead.
- Give Proactive a Call. – If you want a product made for acne control. Proactive can be beneficial. It doesn’t hurt to try it. Check it out for yourself. And let me know.
- Never pop a Zit. – You might be tempted to pick or pop a pimple. But try to avoid this. Use any of the method’s in getting rid of acne. From the list of tips above. You should clear out your skin in less time.
This Beauty topic, is about how to make homemade facial masks. For your skin type. It’s important to use products that go with your skin type. And I have got some information in how to make your own facials. Some of you like using all natural products, are easy, and convenient. And it will also save you money. As most ingredients are common household items. So Read on!
- For Oily Skin: For skin prone to acne and black heads.
Oatmeal, Lemon, and Honey: These ingredients mixed together is very soothing for your skin. Remember to cook the oatmeal. And as it’s cooking add the honey and lemon juice. Let it cool down once it has been mixed. And apply to your skin. Leave on for 15-20 minutes. Then wash off with warm water.
2. For Dry Skin: For skin dry and scaly.
Aloe Vera and Cucumber: These two ingredients together make a powerful combination. It would help to have your own Aloe Vera plant. But you can also buy Aloe Vera Gel. All ready to go for use. Sprouts is a good store that has Aloe Vera ready to use. When you have Aloe Vera and cucumber mixed together from the blender or food processor. It can be applied accordingly to your skin. Leaving it glowing and creates a smooth skin. Leave on a good 15-20 minutes. Then wash off with warm water.
3. For Normal Skin: For skin that can use multiple products.
I would recommend using Coconut milk, Almond oil, and Lemon Juice: These ingredients make a soft glowing appearance to the skin. Mixed in a blender or food processor. This can be applied to skin accordingly. Wait 15-20 minutes. Then wash it off with warm water.
4. Also when washing your mask off. Use Jojoba oil. To remove masks and cleans deep. Leaving your skin cleaned and soft.
It’s a competitive world out there. And there is always some new product claiming that their product is the best. If your like me. Everytime I see a new infomercial on a new face cream or makeup line. I know it’s trying to tempt you to make a purchase. Not to mention are you going to pay for autoship every month. To keep it up. It can be quite costly. And you could get ripped off. But to tell you the truth. I always go for bargains, and practicality. And to know I can cancel at anytime without trouble.
I have to admit that you probably can find something cheaper, that works even better. Also I like to know if they test on animals. I am against all forms of animal cruelty. And I try to use non-cruelty products. Like St.Ives, Lush, and Miracle Skin Transformer. I also use non-cruelty makeup for most of my makeup. Like Wet n’ Wild eye liner and mascara. And most glosses are animal non-cruelty.
Although it’s really hard using all non-cruelty items. Like Neutrogena, (which I love). And from the past I also liked leather. And even cleaning products are used on animals. Like Tide, and many others. But I can say that 80% of what I use is non-cruelty. And that’s a good big step of improvement. I also now try to use Faux leather instead of the real thing. I didn’t know the harsh and cruel world we live in. And seeing a sheep skinned alive for their fur or skin. Brings a sick feeling in my gut.
Moving along, let’s talk about something happy. And that’s makeup!
Remembering in Beautiful! I discussed how to find the right foundation. Read it and you will know the secret to finding the right shade. That goes with your skin type. What I will discuss next is how well you clean your sponges and brushes. Usually with a soft soap you can clean your brushes weekly. As makeup can create germs when it sits there. If you wash your brushes periodically you will have better skin. And less breakouts.
Also, when using perfume you should spray it on your wrists. Avoid spraying your neck. Because it makes your neck area age faster. And you will dry out your skin on your neck area. Causing wrinkles and crepe skin. Another way to use perfume is spray the air, and walk through the mist. It is actually how you’re supposed to apply perfume.
Another beauty tip in finding your signature perfume scent. We all want to smell nice. Especially when we step out of the shower. And you smell clean. We will discuss lotion, shampoo, perfume, deodorant, and tooth paste. So here are my tips in smelling delicious.
- Soap and body wash is a preference we all seem to have. Some girls like soap bars, and others go for a body wash. I personally enjoy body washes. My go to scent is anything cucumber melon. It’s my signature scents. And makes me smell clean and people ask me all the time what it is. Well now you know my secret scent. Shh! it’s our secret.
- Lotion is also a way to nourish your skin and moisturizes dry and flaky skin. I apply lotion 3-4 times weekly. It’s good to keep your skin nourished and healthy. Everyone has their lotion preferences. Stick to what makes you feel good, and have soft and silky skin.
- Shampoo is another way to smell nice. The smell of your hair can get men’s attention. They love smelling women’s hair. So go for flowery scents. Like Herbal Essence.
- Perfume is also a preference to many women. And some scents can get men sexually aroused. So wear your scent on your date nights. But stick to floral scents around other women. Also pick something other people compliment you on.
- My favorite deodorant is Dove. I love it!
- Also your toothpaste is important. You want your breath to be fresh all day. I actually like Costco’s toothpaste Kirkland brand. It works better than Colgate. It removes plaque, whitens, and cleans. It’s my favorite toothpaste.
Well there you have my secret signature scent products. And yes people ask me all the time. What is that smell? Now you know. 😉 !
Hair & Nails
The best way to make your hair healthy. Is to include vitamins. A multi-vitamin daily is best for making hair shiny, and makes the growth healthy. Also whatever issues you have with your hair is about using the right products. Sometimes our hair is unmanageable. And here are a few tips in making your hair beautiful.
Tangles & Split Ends:
The best way to avoid tangles is getting trims every 3-6 months. This makes your split ends manageable. Also use a de-tangler to comb your tangles. And if it’s really bad. Consider going short. Then when your hair grows long again. The tangles will be gone.
We all have flakes (or Dandruff) at one time or another. If you get flakes, means you are not rinsing your shampoo all the way. It’s the lingering shampoo that creates flakes. And also some shampoos create flakes. The shampoos I recommend are Tea Tree Shampoo, Head & Shoulders, and Herbal Essence. These don’t have a lot of suds. And usually gets rid of flakes. You can also use baking soda and conditioner to remove flakes. Just mix them together in your hand. And massage it into your scalp. This should hydrate your scalp.
Heat Damaged Hair:
We all use heat to do most of our styling techniques. Like curling irons, straightening wands, blow drying, and perming. And over time our hair gets damaged by exposure to the heat. Leaving crispy hair, not soft hair. When ever using these tools. Apply a heat protection spray. This makes your hair not damaged. Also I like air drying my hair most of the time. So the hair is not so exposed to heat. From a blow dryer.
Oily & Greasy Hair:
If you have oily or greasy hair. You’re not washing your hair right. Either you’re using a shampoo that has a lot of synthetic ingredients. Or, you need to wash your hair more often. Or, you can try dry shampoo for in-between washes. Just spray your hair with a dry shampoo. And it usually makes your hair look better.
Hang nails are the worst. And having split cuticles can lead to bleeding. So try to have a set of nail clippers on hand at all times. Because they usually happen when you’re out, busy, and not at home. Also carry a hand lotion to make the skin on your nail beds less dry. And not to have brittle nails.
As we discussed having healthy nails is in our food, and vitamins. So the key to having strong nails is to eat these super foods regularly for the best results. Of course having manicure’s and pedicures, to upkeep their appearance helps too.
Well I had fun with this issue to my Beautiful series. And hope you all benefit from it. This one was tricky to write. But am happy with the amount of information I provided. And so this concludes Beautiful Skin. Enjoy!