Here we are again. It’s October and I have a great way to set the mood for Halloween. I am going to give you recipe’s for the perfect party appetizers and drinks. So you can throw a Fabulous Halloween party. Read On!
Jack-O-Lantern Dyed Deviled Eggs
- Boil and cool hard boiled eggs. The technique I use is take eggs out of fridge, boil water, add eggs gently with spoon and boil for 15 minutes. Pour off hot water, replace with cold water a couple times and let eggs cool. It works perfectly for me.
- Cut in half, pop out the yolks.
- Make a dye of 1 tsp vinegar, 1 cup of hot tap water and food coloring. Normally I use drops and would add at least 20-25, but I wanted to dye these faster so I used Wilton Icing Coloring Gel this time. I added a good 1/8″ drop from a toothpick and stirred until it dissolved.
- Add egg whites and leave in dye until desired color (I added 2 at a time). Mine took about 4 minutes. Eggs I’ve made with food drops have taken longer, and it always takes longer once the water cools down.
- Turn upside down (hole pointing down) onto paper towels to dry.
- Make your favorite deviled egg mixture (I just add a squirt of yellow mustard, some mayo, S&P). Add a little orange food coloring.
- Fill eggs and embellish with cut out face features.
2. Pumpkin Whoopie Pies: These are incredibly delicious!
4. Easy Microwavable Caremel Popcorn:
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 C. margarine
- 1/2 C. brown sugar
- 3 C. miniature marshmallows
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
Pop popcorn and set aside. Place margarine, brown sugar, and 1 C. marshmallows in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Remove and stir until well blended. Add remaining marshmallows and microwave 1 minute. Stir mixture and pour over warm popcorn stirring to coat.
I hope this helped you for this years Halloween! So when you have guests over. These recipes are sure to make your party fun and exciting. Happy Halloween!