So you are dating this great guy. And he asks you to meet his parents and family. But you don’t know what to expect. You want to leave a good impression on them. And the last thing you want is to have them think you’re just like any other girl he brings home. You want to seem special and different from the rest. Here’s your guide to Meeting His Parents.
1. First let’s discuss wardrobe. If you want to impress them. Maybe a floral dress, with wedged heeled shoes would be appropriate. This is something not too revealing, but also classy.
2. Your hair can be pulled up into a comb burette, into a half pony tail. If your hair is up, and clean. It will make you seem like you took the effort to make an impression.
3. Buy a gift. Perhaps flowers, gift basket, or even wine. (But make sure you ask if his parents drink first).
4. If you’re going for a function like dinner. Bring a dessert. If you make it even better. But if you don’t have time to make something. Buy it, it still works. And this counts as a gift too.
5. Always ask to help in the kitchen. Maybe help with the dishes. Or, help set the table. Remember how to set the table. The fork and knife on the left, and spoon on the right, of the plate.
6. Always say Please and Thank you. Manners go a long way.
7. If you help with the cooking always wash your hands first.
8. Be happy and friendly. Your mood can make the difference. Maybe compliment his mom on her cooking skills. Or, tell his sister you like her shirt. Anything to get the conversation going. And from there they will open up to you.
9. And always laugh at his dad’s jokes.
10. Smile! If they take pictures. You need to practice smiling and posing in the mirror.
These are 10 tips in The Smart Girls Guide To Meeting His Parents. I hope this helped you. And Good Luck!