To celebrate the first day of Summer. I have come up with drinks to beat the summer heat. Here are some drinks that will refresh your thirst. Read On!
1. Classic ice tea I like Lipton ice tea the best. First you brew the water (1/2 gallon), and put 6 tea bags in tea kettle or pot. After it boills let it seep off the burner, for a whole hour. Then pour into a pitcher, and refrigerate for a whole 4-5 hours to get cold. Serve chilled, and you can add sugar to each glass you drink. If you want to use sweeteners, either real sugar, or Stevia is the best to use. (The other sweeteners are not good. The pink packets have aspartame, the yellow packets may cause Alzheimer’s Disease, and the blue packets kill rats).
2. Homemade Fruit Smoothie- Use Almond milk for you base (4 cups). Then add any fruit you want. I like frozen pitted cherries, strawberries, banana, pineapple, and blueberries. Mix all ingredients in a blender. Make sure you blend it for a whole 3 minutes, at different speeds and strengths. And serve chilled.
3. Fruit margaritas
- For the Rhubarb-Strawberry Syrup:
- 9 cups chopped rhubarb (from 10 to 15 stalks, about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 3 cups roughly chopped strawberries (from 1 quart, about 13 1/2 ounces)
- 2 1/4 cups (18 ounces) water
- 3/4 cup (about 5 1/2 ounces) sugar
- For the Margaritas:
- 2 1/4 cups (18 ounces) rhubarb-strawberry syrup
- 9 tablespoons (4 1/2 ounces) fresh juice from 7 to 9 limes
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) blanco tequila
- 5 drops orange bitters
- Garnish: 6 strawberries (optional)
Make the Syrup: Add rhubarb, strawberries, water, and sugar to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Let simmer until rhubarb breaks into strands, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl, let cool. Discard solids (or reserve for another use).
For Margaritas: Mix rhubarb syrup, lime, Cointreau, tequila, and bitters in a sealable jar or pitcher. Serve immediately over ice, with strawberry garnish on the side of the glass if desired, or chill mixture (without ice) for up to 5 hours in the refrigerator. Re-stir and serve over ice.
I hope you liked this post. It will refresh your thirst and great to drink by the poolside. Have a good one. Until next time.